J-1 Waiver Case Study of Lebanon national, Family petition FAQs
j1 and j2 Waivers

J-1 Waiver Case Study From Lebanon

Hi this is Kaushik Ranchod Managing Immigration Attorney at The Ranchod Law Group with Brian here today from Sacramento . We’re going to talk about family based petitions and we’re going to talk about a J-1 Visa Waivers case study that we got approved for a Lebanon national. So the first question is based off of our last Facebook live and is:

What if you have a United States citizen child that’s over the age of 21 – can they petition for you even though you’ve entered without inspection?

In this situation, if you’re qualifying for 245i then yes, your United States citizen child can file a petition for you and file a green card application.

The other question was about the processing time which we’ll talk about as well.

Which are the latest processing times for 245i green card Applications?

Processing times are taking anywhere from 10 to 15 months. In that situation where your United States citizen child files an application for you. 245i application and generally work authorization as well as the travel are being delivered anywhere from about five to six months.

The next question that we got lot of is:

Can I sponsor my child or family member in another country as a permanent resident?

You can sponsor your unmarried child and in this situation you’d file an form I-130 petition and then when the priority date becomes current you would do the second step of that process called consular processing. If you’re a United States citizen child you can also file an form I-130 petition for your parents. If you’re a permanent resident or United States citizen you can of course also file form I-130 petition for your spouse United States citizens can also sponsor their unmarried or married child as well as also filing if you’re over the age of 21 a petition for your brother or sister.

Next we’re gonna talk about a J-1 Visa Waiver case study for a Lebanese citizen. So for this J-1 Visa Waiver approval our client was from Lebanon . He is married to a United States citizen, he also has a United States citizen child. In order to get a J-1 Visa Waiver hardship what you need to do is prove exceptional hardship based off of the fact that if you had to go back home, your United States citizen spouse and the child would face exceptional hardship : or if you didn’t go back home but you stayed here and then had to at the end of the two years go with your entire family back to your home country you would face exceptional hardship. So the way that we were able to do this is by demonstrating that country conditions in Lebanon would be very adverse and challenging for the United States citizen child and spouse if they had to return and go back with their spouse to Lebanon and we also talked about the emotional hardship that the United States citizen spouse would face due to the separation. Since they got the J-1 Visa Waiver they are able to apply for the marriage-based green card ! All right I want to thank you for tuning in. I invite you to tune in next week and ask your questions below or give us a call at (916) 613-3553 if you have questions – alrighty thank you and have an awesome day!

Related Information on J-1 Visas and Waivers

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment